Sunday, September 29, 2013

9.29.13

  So tomorrow it's back to work, after having off the last four days and it's been quite lovely, I must say. I did a lot, a little and at some points, not a dam thing at all but take in oxygen to fill my lungs. The days come and go, filled with whats meaningful: life, love, friendship and real work: gardening, gathering, cooking, concocting, relaxing. Yes, sadly in this day and age it does take a lot of work to relax. Too much.

  This isn't going to turn into a rant on how backwards our priorities are as a culture because we all live it every day, it's more about me being grateful, something I don't often do. It was a good four days that I am truly thankful, not to god or any other deity but just thankful.

  Whether or not I truly believe that life is a gift, there are certainly those more tender moments where I romanticize the idea that it is, despite everything. To my mind, nothing has any intrinsic value to it but what we put on it, so if you think it's a gift, it is, and so with a curse; you know, all that power of positive thinking shit. It is not without its merit, that's for sure. Just don't get too carried away.

  When it's good, just sit back and enjoy it; you can thank whoever you want.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment