Friday, August 9, 2013

Why I write.


I write because I’m lonely. I write because it’s the best way to have a truly deep and meaningful conversation with another’s soul. I write because I’m honest. I write because I’m a liar. I write because I’m selfish and stubborn and proud. I write because I need to hear what I want others too, as well. I write because we’re all in this together. I’m not afraid to bear my soul on paper or in text, and so I write because it heals me; it breaks me down every time and builds me back up, stronger than before. I write because it’s too noisy in my head and things take on a little more clarity once they go outside for a smoke. I write because it’s my gift and I want to use it for something good.

I don’t write because I want to change the world.

I write because I hope to inspire that person who does.

No comments:

Post a Comment