Wednesday, August 28, 2013

4:30 A.M. yoga thoughts

  It's not a typo. I am actually awake at this ungodly hour practicing yoga, and generally just shaking the dust from my bones before I start the day.

  It's not easy but it's what I need.

  To rise early before everyone else is empowering, and one can benefit greatly from the stillness of early morning. It's actually my favorite time of the day, un-constrained by the chaos each day brings; the calm before the storm.

  The discipline takes time but it's not for everyone; there's always something to be learned about yourself, no matter what time of day. Every moment is a chance to go deeper, to breathe into the pain and discomfort, to relax and let it go. And you don't have to be twisted like a pretzel, it can happen all on its own.

  Do the poses, or don't. Just keep breathing and the rest will work itself out.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment