Friday, August 30, 2013

8.30.13

  Nearly another month down, I just can't believe it. I must be getting old, or am just becoming more aware of the impermanence of time and how fast it really does travel. At times I wish I could go back to the blissful ignorance of my youth but not when I look around at all that is wrong with the world and I wonder, was it always like this? Did I just never notice? I don't want to waste anymore precious time being stuck with my eyes wide shut (movie reference, whaaaaat?! bonus points if you're familiar with it).

  No 4:30 a.m. yoga to speak of but nonetheless it's been a productive morning, and is shaping up to be a very productive day in general. Got my finances squared away, did some cooking, that kind of thing. Some days it's like this: you see the day so clearly, and know exactly how to make it happen through careful scheduling and, most importantly, presence. A focus on the present moment prevents one from getting lost or sidetracked, burning off your retinas staring at Facebook all day. It happens. But not today.

  As the purpose of this particular blog is mainly to act as a sort of levee system for my influx of neuroses, I won't include many activities of daily living, i.e. cooking, recipes, life events.. All that will come at a later time.
  There's things in the works, works in the works, etc. A new blog will be coming, and another new blog will be coming as well, making two new blogs (for the record, I never doubted your math skills, I just make things confusing), one being a collaborative effort between my girlfriend Rachel and I, so stay tuned. Same bat time, same bat channel.

  Good things are on the horizon and each day gets me a little closer to realizing who I am. That tends to happen when you stop fighting against yourself all the time and just let things happen on their own. Do what you love, love the things you enjoy to do and the rest will iron itself out in time. Trust in that but don't put a time limit on it or constrain yourself too much in any way because that just stresses you out and that's not what we're trying to be all about, are we?

  It continues to be a long, strange trip..

No comments:

Post a Comment